Chef Jason lets out his "closely guarded secret" recipe for Carrot Cake:
Yield: 1 (9 Inch) Cake
1¼ cups Simply Natural Coconut Oil
2 cups white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon powder
3 cups grated carrots
Zest of one orange
½ cup mixed peel
¼ cup chopped pecans
¼ cup chopped almonds
¼ cup triple sec or orange liqueur
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Liberally grease and flour baking pan.
3. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and vanilla for 2 minutes.
4. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots, orange zest and mixed peel. Fold in chopped pecans and almonds. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes and if required up to 1¼ hours or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
6. Optional: Drizzle on the Orange Liqueur atop the cake when cooled to add a flavoured citrus profile to the cake before serving.
Sponge Cake Episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLd4-BUXL44
More How To's: https://goo.gl/m8EdBY
Kezzianne Miller: @kezzidoeseat
Chef Jason Peru: @chefjasonperu
Subscribe to Foodie Nation: https://goo.gl/wg373X
Connect with Foodie Nation on:
For business enquiries: email@example.com
Beach Party - Islandesque by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/...)
#CarrotCake #TriniCake #CoconutOil