Aloo Samosa Recipe • How To Make Samosa • Potato Samosa Recipe • Vegetable Samosa Recipe • Somosa
Aloo Ka Samosa | How To Make Samosa Recipe | How To Make Aloo Samosa Recipe | Potato Samosa Recipe | How To Fry Samosa | Easy Samosa Recipe | Vegetarian Starter Recipes | Vegetable Samosa Recipe | Fried Samosa Pastry Recipe | Indian Potato Recipes | How To Make Samosa Filling | Somosa Recipe | Iftar Recipes | Vegan Recipes | Indian Starters | Vegetarian Recipes Indian | How To Fold Samosa | Potato Starters | Ramadan Recipes | Vegan Potato Recipes | Frozen Samosa Dough Recipe | Onion Samosa Recipe | How To Make Potato Samosa Filling Recipe | Vegetarian Potato Recipes
This aloo samosa recipe, sometimes known as a somoso, is perfect to add to your book of Iftar recipes. This easy samosa recipe is perfect for vegetarians as well as vegans. This video shows you how to make the samosa dough, how to make the samosa filling, how to fold samosa and how to fry samosa. This Indian potato recipe makes a crispy samosa with an onion that can also be put in the freezer to make frozen recipes ready for all your Ramadan recipes. This potato samosa filling can also be used in an onion samosa recipe. A vegetarian potato recipe that is best served as potato starters with some homemade raita or mint green chutney.
For the Dough:
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
For the Filling:
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
½ tsp Crushed Chilli Flakes
1 Green Chillies
½ tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, oil, salt, carom seeds and water
2. Mix and kneed the ingredients to form a smooth and firm dough. The longer you mix the better it is. Try to knead the dough for at least 15 minutes
3. Cover with tablecloth and set aside to rest
4. In a pan heat up some oil
5. Add the cumin seeds and sauté for a minute
6. Add the onion and cook for a few until it softens
7. Add the peas and cook for a few minutes
8. Add salt, turmeric powder, crushed chilli flakes, chilli powder and garam masala and cook for a few minutes
9. Add a little water to help the spices release all their flavour
10. Add the boiled potatoes into mixture and mix until fully combined, break the potatoes gently to give them a nice texture
11. Add the chopped green chilli and coriander and stir to combine then remove from heat and let them cool down
12. Take the dough and make small smooth balls with it. You should make 8-10 balls depending on your personal preference on how big you want your samosas.
13. Roll out the dough balls into circles, don’t make them too thin or else they will tear when you add the filling.
14. Cut into half and take one half
15. Using water to seal the edge create a cone
16. Add the cooled mixture into the cone ensuring that it is not overfilled and seal the top with water
17. Deep fry the samosas for 6-8 minutes until golden brown on both sides
18. Serve with green mint chutney and enjoy!
THANK YOU FOR WATCHING!
Connect with Cook with Nabeela:
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cookwithnabeela
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cookwithnabeela
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cookwithnabeela
Subscribe to Cook with Nabeela: http://bit.ly/2JhSPty
#aloosamosa #potatosamosa #samosa #cookwithnabeela #recipes #appetiser